Islam Stories, Qur'an Stories, Prophet Stories Children Stories, True Stories, Short Stories
islamicoccasions.com
MASUMEEN STORIES
Love in Islam (Al-Hubb)
Prophet Muhammad sa
Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib
Sayyida Fatima Zahra
Imam Hasan stories
Imam Husayn stories
Imam Zain al Abidin as
Imam al-Baqir stories
Imam Jafar Sadiq (as)
Imam Musa Kadhim (as)
Imam Ali Reza stories
Imam al-Taqi stories
Imam Hadi, 10th Imam
Imam Hassan al-Askari
Imam Mahdi (as)
Hazrat Zainab (sa)
14 MASUMEEN
Ahlul Bayt, Ahl al-Bayt
First Masoom
Second Masoom
Third Masoom
Fourth Masoom
Fifth Masoom
Sixth Masoom
Seventh Masoom
Eighth Masoom
Ninth Masoom
Tenth Masoom
Eleventh Masoom
Twelveth Masoom
Thirteenth Masoom
Fourteenth Masoom
COMMUNITY CENTER
Islamic Mailing List
Islamic Guestbook
Islamic Discussion
Hajj-e-Baytullah
We are not responsible for the contents of external websites "Ads by Google"
Discover the 90/10 Principle this Ramadhan (Ramzan)

Discover the 90/10 Principle this Ramadhan (Ramzan)Discover the 90/10 Principle this Ramadhan (Ramzan) this Holy month of Ramadhan. It will change your life (at least the way you react to situations).

What is this principle? 10% of life is made up of what happens to you and 90% of life is decided by how you react.

What does this mean? We really have no control over 10% of what happens to us. We cannot stop the car from breaking down. The plane will be late arriving, which throws our whole schedule off. A driver may cut us off in traffic.

We have no control over this 10%. The other 90% is different. You determine the other 90%.

How? ... By your reaction.

You cannot control a red light, but you can control your reaction. Don't let people fool you; YOU can control how you react. Ramadhan fasting teaches you willpower and how to control.

Let's use an example.

You are eating breakfast with your family. Your daughter knocks over a cup of coffee onto your business shirt. You have no control over what just happened.

What happens next will be determined by how you react.

You curse. You harshly scold your daughter for knocking the cup over. She breaks down in tears. After scolding her, you turn to your spouse and criticize her for placing the cup too close to the edge of the table. A short verbal battle follows. You storm upstairs and change your shirt. Back downstairs, you find your daughter has been too busy crying to finish breakfast and get ready for school. She misses the bus.

Your spouse must leave immediately for work. You rush to the car and drive your daughter to school. Because you are late, you drive 40 miles an hour in a 30 miles/hour speed limit. After a 15-minute delay and throwing $60 traffic fine away, you arrive at school. Your daughter runs into the building without saying goodbye. After arriving at the office 20 minutes late, you find you forgot your briefcase. Your day has started terrible. As it continues, it seems to get worse and worse. You look forward to coming home.

When you arrive home, you find small wedge in your relationship with your spouse and daughter.

90/10 PrincipleWhy? Because of how you reacted in the morning.

Why did you have a bad day?

A) Did the coffee cause it?
B) Did your daughter cause it?
C) Did the policeman cause it?
D) Did you cause it?

The answer is "D".

You had no control over what happened with the coffee. How you reacted in those 5 seconds is what caused your bad day.

Here is what could have and should have happened.

Coffee splashes over you. Your daughter is about to cry. You gently say, "Its ok honey, you just need to be more careful next time." Grabbing a towel you rush upstairs. After grabbing a new shirt and your briefcase, you come back down in time to look through the window and see your child getting on the bus. She turns and waves. You arrive 5 minutes early and cheerfully greet the staff. Your boss comments on how good the day you are having.

Notice the difference?

Two different scenarios. Both started the same. Both ended different.

Why?

Because of how you REACTED.

You really do not have any control over 10% of what happens. The other 90% was determined by your reaction.

Here are some ways to apply the 90/10 principle. If someone says something negative about you, don't be a sponge. Let the attack roll off like water on glass. You don't have to let the negative comment affect you!

React properly and it will not ruin your day. A wrong reaction could result in losing a friend, being fired, getting stressed out etc.

How do you react if someone cuts you off in traffic? Do you lose your temper? Pound on the steering wheel? (A friend of mine had the steering wheel fall off) Do you curse? Does your blood pressure skyrocket? Do you try and bump them? WHO CARES if you arrive ten seconds later at work? Why let the cars ruin your drive?

Remember the 90/10 principle, and do not worry about it.

You are told you lost your job.

Why lose sleep and get irritated? It will work out. Use your worrying energy and time into finding another job.

The plane is late; it is going to mangle your schedule for the day. Why take outpour frustration on the flight attendant? She has no control over what is going on.

Holy month of RamadhanUse your time to study, get to know the other passenger. Why get stressed out? It will just make things worse.

Now you know the 90/10 principle. Apply it from this Holy month of Ramadhan and you will be amazed at the results. You will lose nothing if you try it. The 90/10 principle is incredible. Very few know and apply this principle.

The result?

Millions of people are suffering from undeserved stress, trials, problems and heartache. There never seem to be a success in life. Bad days follow bad days. Terrible things seem to be constantly happening. There is constant stress, lack of joy and broken relationships. Worry consumes time. Anger breaks friendships and life seems dreary and is not enjoyed to the fullest. Friends are lost. Life is a bore and often seems cruel. Does this describe you? If so, do not be discouraged.

You can be different!

We all must understand and apply the 90/10 principle. It will change our life!

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) said in his famous Hadith: "... If someone curses you or insults you in this month of Ramadhan, (do not react) but politely tell him that you are fasting."

Note: To derive the maximum benefit from the Holy month of Ramadhan, we can follow the principle of PPP, i.e., to Plan in advance, Prepare to put our plan in action and Pray to Allah (SWT) to help us achieve our goals.

Discover the Law of the Garbage Truck this Ramadhan, Ramzan!

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his breaks, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean he was really friendly.

Discover the Law of the Garbage Truck this RamadhanSo I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!' This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the street.

The bottom line is that successful people don't let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so... 'Love the people who treat you right. Forgive the ones who don't.'

Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

Whom to blame

Boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a Loving couple and the boy was the gem of their eyes. When the boy was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open. He was late for office so he asked his wife to cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. His wife, preoccupied in the kitchen totally forgot about the open medicine bottle.

The boy saw the bottle and playfully went to the bottle fascinated by its colour and drank it all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine Meant for adults in small dosages. When the child collapsed, mother hurried him to the hospital, where he died. The mother was stunned. She was terrified how to face her husband.

When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just five words.

The husband just said "I am with you Darling." The husband's totally unexpected reaction is a proactive behaviour.

The Child is dead. He can never be brought back to life.

There is no point in finding fault with the mother. Besides, if only he had taken time to keep the bottle away, this would not have happened.

No one is to be blamed. She had also lost her only child. What she needed at that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband. That is what he gave her.

If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world. "A journey of a thousand miles Begins with a single step." Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you think.

Moral of the Story: Sometimes we spend time in asking who is responsible or whom to blame, whether in a relationship, in a job or with the people we know. By this way we miss out some warmth in human relationship.

Discover the 10-90 Rule or Attitude this Ramadhan, Ramzan!

Discover the 10-90 Rule or Attitude this RamadhanHow much do you see of an Iceberg?

Only 10% of any Iceberg is visible. The remaining 90% is below the sea level.

The Iceberg phenomenon is also applicable to we human beings ...

Do you know how?

Only 10% is what happens around us and 90% is how we react or respond to what happens and that's our Attitude.

Similarly, only 10% is our knowledge and skills. And remaining 90% is our Attitude.

In other words, our Attitude (values, standards, judgments, motives, ethics and beliefs) impact our Behavior. Hence, our life is a reflection of our attitudes.

Let each letter of the alphabetic has a value equals to it sequence of the alphabetical order:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
S K I L L S   Total
19 11 09 12 12 19 = 82%
K N O W L E D G E   Total
11 14 15 23 12 05 04 07 05 = 96%
H A R D   W O R K   Total
08 01 18 04   23 15 18 11 = 98%
But:
A T T I T U D E   Total
01 20 20 09 20 21 04 05 = 100%
Then, look how far the love of God will take you?
L O V E   O F   G O D   Total
12 15 22 05   15 06   07 15 O4 = 101%

Therefore, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that:

While Skills, Knowledge and Hard Work will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, It's the Love of God that will put you over the top!

Note: A positive attitude is like a magnet for positive results. Positive attitudes create a chain reaction of positive thoughts. It's your attitude and not your aptitude that determines your altitude.

Holy month of Ramadhan is best to practice and follow the above laws, because the Holy month of Ramadhan is a month of becoming Abdullah [an obedient servant of Allah (SWT)]. It is a month of adopting the etiquette of Allah (SWT) in the language of tradition or adopting the divine color in the language of the Noble Qur'an: "(We take our) color from Allah, and who is better than Allah at coloring. We are His worshippers". (Noble Qur'an 2:138) And the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) is reported to have said: "Adopt the etiquette of Allah (SWT)."

ADD TO FAVORITES
Join islamicoccasions.com on Facebook Follow islamicoccasions.com on Twitter Link Akramulla Syed on Linkedin Bookmark and Share islamicoccasions.com email islamicoccasions.com
NOBLE QUR'AN
We narrate to you the best of narratives, by Our revealing to you this Qur'an, though before this you were certainly one of those who did not know. (Noble Qur'an 12:3)
ANECDOTES
Islam and Discrimination
Nasiba the hero
The granted prayer
Revoked protection
INTERESTING STORIES
Values & Principles
Religious Stories
Islamic Stories
Interesting Stories
Bad Habits Stories
Inspirational Story
Muslim Families
Islamic Games, Puzzles
Story of Prophet Isa as
Prophet Moses (pbuh)
Prophet Stories
Tiflaan-e-Muslim
COMPANIONS STORY
Hazrat Salman al-Farsi
Hazrat Abu Zar Ghaffari
Hazrat Ammar ibn Yasir
Miqdad ibn Aswad (ra)
Hazrat Hamzah
Hazrat Malik al-Ashtar
Hazrat Bilal Ibn Rabah
Meesam-e-Tammar (ra)
ISLAMIC FEATURES
Muslim Downloads
Names of Allah
Lineage of Prophets
MP3 Holy Quran
Please Recite Surah Al-Fatiha
Subscribe to Islamic Newsletter
We are not responsible for the contents of external websites "Ads by Google"

Islamic Occasions | Holy Ramadan | Hajj-e-Baytullah | Islam Page | Screensavers | Mazloom Hussain | Muslim Matrimonial
Islamic Moral Stories is designed by Akramulla Syed Last Updated: Thursday, November 17, 2016