Have you ever wondered which foods are best to avoid when trying to prevent cancer?
The secret is to be able to identify which foods contain ingredients that are carcinogens, or cancer promoters. Once you know which ingredients will end up giving you cancer, you can read labels and avoid those foods altogether.
Let's start with sugar. One of the ways cancerous tumors develop is by feeding on sugar in the bloodstream. If you are continuously overloading your body with sugar you are giving your body what it needs for cancer to flourish.
Next is sodium nitrite. This chemical is added to certain foods...on purpose in order to make it look reddish and fresh. Once upon a time, meats were preserved with salt, but manufacturers eventually switched to this much more dangerous form of meat preservation.
Then there's hydrogenated oils. When oils are heated in the presence of hydrogen and metal catalysts, it makes them hydrogenated; this preserves the shelf life, but also creates trans fats. Aside from causing cancer, trans fats are bad for your heart and can even interrupt metabolic processes.
Finally, there's the acrylamide factor. Acrylamides are created during the frying process, when starchy foods are subject to high temperatures.
And so, taking all of the above into consideration...the top 5 cancer causing foods are:
- Hot Dogs - Usually preserved with sodium nitrite and full of fat (among other things!)
- Processed meats and Bacon - Lots of saturated fat and nitrites, raise the risk of heart disease. The saturated fat in bacon also contributes to cancer. Study showed eating process meat may increase stomach cancer risk.
- Donuts - These contain white flour, sugar, hydrogenated oils and acrylamides. Talk about the perfect cancer causing food! Doughnuts are cancer-causing double trouble. First, they are made with white flour, sugar and hydrogenated oils, then fried at high temperatures. Doughnuts, may be the worst food you can possibly eat to raise your risk of cancer.
- French Fries - Often made with hydrogenated oils. There would also be acrylamides present. Like doughnuts, French fries fried at high temperatures. They also contain cancer- causing acrylamides which occur during the frying process. They should be called cancer fries, not French fries.
- Chips, crackers and cookies - Usually have white flour, sugar and trans fats. Many manufacturers also hide MSG in the form of yeast extract and mess around with serving sizes so you actually take in a lot more bad stuff than you think.
There you have it. Avoid these foods most of the time and you are well on your way to avoiding that dreaded 'Cancer' word altogether.
Frankincense: Could it be a cure for cancer?
The herb, famous as one of the presents brought by the wise men when they visited the baby Jesus, probably came across the deserts from Oman. According to Matthew's Gospel in the Bible, the Wise Men brought it as a gift to the infant Jesus. Gold: for a king. Frankincense: for God. Myrrh: to embalm Jesus' body after death.
Frankincense, also called Olibanum (Lubban in Arabic language), is an aromatic resin obtained from trees of the genus Boswellia. It is used in incense as well as in perfumes.
But immunologist Mahmoud Suhail is hoping to open a new chapter in the history of frankincense.
Scientists have observed that there is some agent within frankincense which stops cancer spreading and which induces cancerous cells to close themselves down. He is trying to find out what this is.
"Cancer starts when the DNA code within the cell's nucleus becomes corrupted," he says. "It seems frankincense has a reset function. It can tell the cell what the right DNA code should be."
"Frankincense separates the 'brain' of the cancerous cell - the nucleus - from the 'body' - the cytoplasm and closes down the nucleus to stop it reproducing corrupted DNA codes."
Working with frankincense could revolutionize the treatment of cancer. Currently, with chemotherapy, doctors blast the area around a tumour to kill the cancer, but that also kills healthy cells, and weakens the patient. Treatment with frankincense could eradicate the cancerous cells alone and let the others live.
The task now is to isolate the agent within frankincense which, apparently, works this wonder. Some ingredients of frankincense are allergenic, so you cannot give a patient the whole thing.
Dr. Suhail Iraqi has teamed up with medical scientists from the University of Oklahoma for the task. In his laboratory in Salalah, he extracts the essential oil from locally produced frankincense. Then, he separates the oil into its constituent agents, such as Boswellic acid.
"There are 17 active agents in frankincense essential oil," says Dr. Suhail. "We are using a process of elimination. We have cancer sufferers - for example, a horse in South Africa - and we are giving them tiny doses of each agent until we find the one which works."
"Some scientists think Boswellic acid is the key ingredient. But I think this is wrong. Many other essential oils - like oil from sandalwood - contain Boswellic acid, but they don't have this effect on cancer cells. So we are starting afresh."
The trials will take months to conduct and whatever results come out of them will take longer still to be verified. But this is a blink of the eye in the history of frankincense.
Nine thousand years ago, Omanis gathered it and burnt it for its curative and cleansing properties. It could be a key to the medical science of tomorrow.
Frankincense oil could be alternative treatment for bladder cancer
Frankincense could be used as an alternative treatment for bladder cancer after laboratory tests showed that it can kill diseased cells.
In tests of cultured bladder cancer cells an enriched extract of the Somalian Frankincense herb Boswellia carteri was found to have potent anti-cancer properties.
The findings, published in the journal BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, suggest that the herb could be used as an alternative therapy for the condition, according to Dr. HK Lin, who led the team of researchers from the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Centre and Oklahoma City VA Medical Centre.
"Frankincense oil may represent an inexpensive alternative therapy for patients currently suffering from bladder cancer," he said. The oil halted the growth of the cancer cells before going on to kill them, according to the study.
Last year scientists found that a herb known as "Indian Frankincense" could ease the effects of arthritis.
Cancer Killer Re-discovered? An incredible story behind the Graviola tree!
News that a popular fruit, SourSop or the fruit from the Graviola tree, usually found in tropical regions like the Caribbean and the Amazon, is a miraculous natural cancer cell killer 10,000 times stronger than chemotherapy is making its way around on the internet.
This tree is low and is called Graviola in Brazil, Guanabana in Spanish and has the uninspiring name "soursop" in English.
The fruit is very large and the subacid sweet white pulp is eaten out of hand or more commonly, used to make fruit drinks, sherbets and such.
The principal interest in this plant is because of its strong anti-cancer effects. Although it is effective for a number of medical conditions, it is its anti tumor effect that is of most interest. This plant is a proven cancer remedy for cancers of all types.
Besides being a cancer remedy, Graviola is a broad spectrum antimicrobial agent for both bacterial and fungal infections, is effective against internal parasites and worms, lowers high blood pressure and is used for depression, stress and nervous disorders.
The truth is stunningly simple: Deep within the Amazon Rainforest grows a tree that could literally revolutionize what you, your doctor and the rest of the world thinks about cancer treatment and chances of survival. The future has never looked more promising.
Research shows that with extracts from this miraculous tree it now may be possible to...
- Attack cancer safely and effectively with an all-natural therapy that does not cause extreme nausea, weight loss and hair loss
- Protect your immune system and avoid deadly infections
- Feel stronger and healthier throughout the course of the treatment
- Boost your energy and improve your outlook on life
The source of this information is just as stunning: It comes from one of America's largest drug manufacturers, the fruit of over 20 laboratory tests conducted since the 1970's! What those tests revealed was nothing short of mind numbing ... Extracts from the tree were shown to:
- Effectively target and kill malignant cells in 12 types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreatic cancer.
- The tree compounds proved to be up to 10,000 times stronger in slowing the growth of cancer cells than Adriamycin, a commonly used chemotherapeutic drug!
- What's more, unlike chemotherapy, the compound extracted from the Graviola tree selectively hunts down and kills only cancer cells. It does not harm healthy cells!
The amazing anti-cancer properties of the Graviola tree have been extensively researched so why haven't you heard anything about it? If Graviola tree extract is as half as promising as it appears to be - why doesn't every single oncologist at every major hospital insist on using it on all his or her patients?
It's because some big corporation want to make back their money spent on years of research by trying to make a synthetic version of it for sale.
Healthy Eating Food Guide: Your complete Healthy Nutrition and Food Guide